CCEH Rapid Re-housing Program Details
The Connecticut Housing Finance Authority has established a limited fund of $500,000 to support a short-term client needs. Funds are administered by CCEH.
Applicants to CCEH’s rapid re-housing program must be literally homeless and have the ability to get a lease. Priority is for applicants who meet one or more of the criteria below.
Criteria for Adults with Children
- Family includes five or more children
- Family includes one or more children under the age of six
- Family’s head of household is age 25 or under
- Family has had a previous episode of homelessness within the past 24 months
- Family fleeing interpersonal violence due to immediate safety risk
Criteria for Adults without Children
- Individuals coming out if institutions (Prison/Jail, Mental Health, DCF and others)
- Individuals fleeing interpersonal violence due to immediate safety risk
Connecticut Housing and Finance Authority Funds may be used for one-time or monthly costs including:
- Security deposit when ineligible for Connecticut Department of Social Services (DSS) Security Deposit Guarantee Program
- Partial or full rental subsidy
- Utility deposit
- Utility arrearages of no more than 50% of amount in arrears
- Moving expenses of no more than $500
- Car repairs if primary transportation to employment
- Gas cards, if personal vehicle is primary transportation to employment, no more than $50 every 2 weeks.
- Bus passes if primary transportation to employment
- Costs associated with obtaining identification