Disaster Survivor Resources
Map of Available Funds
Many donors have contributed to the emergency assistance fund with specific parameters regarding the area of the state where those funds are to be available. Disaster case managers will select in each assistance application the appropriate region of the state from which to draw down available emergency assistance funds. Please see, below, a map of which towns belong to which funded regions.
For a larger map of the geography covered by the disaster survivor resources, please click here.
Required Client Documentation:
Under the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) that your Agency signed with CCEH, you are required to collect the following documentation for each client prior to submitting a request for payment:
- Identification Documents
- Photo IDs, birth certificates or other ID for all household members
- Proof of FEMA evacuee registration or other documentation attesting to household’s status as hurricane evacuees (if ineligible for FEMA registration)
- Other documentation can include: recent photo ID from Puerto Rico; plane tickets consistent with arrival of full household in Connecticut following hurricane; recent mail addressed to client at an address in Puerto Rico; or similar.
- Release of Information allowing the Agency to share client’s information with CCEH
- CCEH can be added to an existing ROI used by Agency or
- Agency can use ROI provided by CCEH
This documentation is to be kept on file at your agency. Please click here if you would like to review the full MOU.
Accessing Disaster Response Funds Webinar
The webinar recorded on 2/21/18 can be access here. The slides of the presentation are available here.