COVID-19 Homeless Response
CCEH is working closely with state agencies, Coordinated Access Networks, and shelters to reduce the impact of COVID-19 on people experiencing homelessness, the providers who serve them, and the general public. Below are some quick stats on Connecticut’s current shelter population.
Want to help?
Our shelters are doing everything they can to follow the CDC guidelines of spacing beds 6 feet apart, but the reality is that with current shelter capacity we need to work more quickly than ever to move people out of shelters and into HOMES. If you have been looking for a way to help, please consider donating emergency funds to move families and individuals into apartments right away.
COVID-19 and Homelessness Resource Guide
Connecticut Resources | National Resources | Client Resources | Youth Resources | Food Resources
This resource guide is intended to provide useful information to providers of homeless shelters, transitional housing, drop-in centers, and other homeless services to assist with preparation and prevention of spread of COVID-19 in Connecticut.
At this time, we are strongly urging homeless shelters and other services providers to remain open, while modifying services delivery and implementing measures to minimize community spread of COVID-19. We encourage all Connecticut providers to consult the Department of Housing’s guidance for preparing shelters for COVID-19 and to remain in close communication with their local health departments. Below are some additional resources to inform your response. Please do not hesitate to reach out by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org if we can be helpful to you.
A message to our providers from State Senator and physician Saud Anwar.
Summary of Connecticut Resources
- Department of Housing Guidance:
- Memorandum – Preparing Shelters for COVID-19
- Memorandum – Changes to CAN Appointments for COVID-19
- Memorandum – Rapid Re-Housing Prioritization & Paperwork Requirements during State’s Declaration of Public
Health & Civil Preparedness Emergency
- Memorandum – Rapid Re-Housing Apartment Search & Inspection Request Protocols – 3.25.20
- DOH COVID-19 Homeless Response Assessment
- CCEH Guidance:
- Coordinated Access Network Guidance:
- Sample Preparedness or Service Modification Plans:
- Sample Preparation Plans from Shelter and Services Providers:
- Sample Notices of Reduced or Modified Services:
- State of Connecticut General COVID-19 Guidance
- Department of Corrections
If you have specific questions regarding DOH policy or protocol, please contact: Leigh Shields-Church or Kara Capobianco
For general questions, please contact: email@example.com
- HUD Guidance:
- CDC Guidance:
- General Index
- For Shelters
- Interim Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations for US Community Facilities with Suspected/Confirmed Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Interim Guidance for Responding to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) among People Experiencing Unsheltered Homelessness – 3.23.20
- NAEH Guidance:
- USICH Guidance:
- CSH Guidance:
- NHCHC Shelter Assessment:
- Guidance for Eligible Cost on Infections Disease Preparedness:
Additional Resources for Working with Clients
- SAMHSA Guidance:
- DCF Guidance:
- Posters and Flyers to Display
- Turning Point CT Guidance:
Resources for Working with Youth – added 3.25.20
- RHY Provider Guidance:
- Point Source Youth:
- Away Home America:
- NN4Y Guidance:
- Department of Education
- CT Food Bank