Housing Advocacy in Action!
With the 2018 legislative session well underway, homelessness and housing advocates are reaching out to legislators asking them to preserve resources that are critical to maintaining the gains we have made in ending homelessness. Over 50 providers and advocates have submitted testimony, and many have come to Hartford to testify in support of investments through the Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services and The Department of Housing to end homelessness in Connecticut.
Please make sure to mark your calendar for March 7th & March 8th, the 2018 Homelessness and Housing Advocacy Days, when advocates representing each of the 8 CAN regions meet with legislators and make our case to preserve, protect, and defend the resources you need to do this important work.
Advocacy Days Preparation Webinar
- Clink here for an all-inclusive Advocacy Days Preparation Webina
This webinar covers everything you need to know about Advocacy Days — in addition to support and training, you will receive an overview of issues we’ll be discussing, an update on the legislative session, and tips on helping your clients to effectively tell their story to legislators. Lydia Brewster, Assistant Director of Community Services at St. Vincent de Paul Middletown, joins us to share some insights on how best to work with client advocates to help them prepare for Advocacy Days.
- Click here for a Advocacy Days Preparation Webinar.
- If you just have 10 minutes, click here to watch Lydia Brewster’s, Assistant Director of Community Services at St. Vincent de Paul Middletown, presentation on “Sharing the Lived Experience Story Effectively”.
- Click here to view the PDF of the presentation.
- Click here for a link to watch the Budget and Appropriations Process Webinar. Click here to view the PDF of the presentation.
Thank you again for your commitment to ending homelessness in Connecticut. Together we are making a concrete difference!!
If you have any questions please contact Sarah Fox at email@example.com or Liz Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org.