« All Events
Disabilities in Shelters Training
April 9 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
This training will provide shelter providers with best practices to optimize the quality of service provided to those presenting at shelters with varying disabilities.
This training will be offered at the following locations:
- New Haven County, CT- April 9, 2018- Register here
- Fairfield County, CT- July 2018- Registration details coming soon.
- New London County, CT- October 2018- Registration details coming soon.
- Fair Housing Act
- American with Disabilities Act
- General Nondiscrimination and Reasonable Modifications
- Ensuring Effective Communication
- Program and Facility Accessibility
- Stacy Hart
- New England Americans with Disabilities Act Center and Institute for Human Centered Design
- Sharon Denson
- Americans with Disabilities Act Coalition of Connecticut
- Erin Kemple
- Connecticut Fair Housing Center